The importance of smartphones cannot be ignored. Even the constant use of the internet or the urge to stay online 24/7 enables everyone to stay connected with the outside world. The most irritating situation is when you need the internet most and it slows down or keeps on buffering. If it usually happens when you need to send an immediate office email, let go of your frustration by trying some of the best ways to boost internet speed on Android phones.
A good internet connection speed, even on smartphones, helps to complete various immediate tasks or keeps you connected with work, family, and instant messages. Or, however, if you are watching a video that keeps on buffering, a slow internet speed will surely bother you. So find a great way to fix slow internet.
Why are you experiencing slow internet speed on your phone?
First of all you need to take a Xfinity speed test to make sure your internet is slow. There are several reasons why phone internet speed is slow and data speed is often slow. Find out the reasons below.
- Irrelevant active apps: Irrelevant active apps consume a lot of data and slow down the system. When dozens of apps and tabs are running in the background, even the fastest internet mobile data plan can’t keep up.
- Poor connection: If you have no or poor reception, connecting to mobile data will be difficult. And if you are using public Wi-Fi , you will compete for bandwidth with other people. As a result, there must be a better way to connect to fast internet.
- Clear cache: Keep in mind that your browser stores a lot of data in your cache so that it can load websites quickly. If you clear the cache memory, you will improve the internet experience; otherwise, a full cache may slow down your phone as well.
- Reset network settings: Sometimes network settings become the reason for slow internet speed, which you can reset from the phone network settings to improve the internet connection. You can also boost the mobile data speed by going through a troubleshooting option for Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
Ways to enhance mobile internet speed
If the internet connection or mobile data speed is slower, try to boost the speed of the internet by following these great tricks. See if any of the above mentioned tricks will increase the speed so you can happily do the browsing, gaming, or streaming.
- Restart the phone
A quick restart will solve many issues. If you consider yourself lucky, an instant restart will make 5G internet fast on Android phones. So before going into detailed settings, try to give it a shot.
To restart an Android phone, you need to press the power button and all of the options will appear for restart, power off, and other options.
- Activate Airplane mode
Activating and deactivating airplane mode is similar to restarting the phone. It will reset the internet connection of the device. While activating the airplane mode, all of the connectivity capabilities, including the Wi-Fi connection and mobile data, will be disabled completely. Now deactivate it and see if the connection improves on your phone.
The process of activating airplane mode varies on every phone, but the option will be available in general settings. Drop down the screen, click on the airplane icon, and activate it. To deactivate, tap it again after a few seconds.
- Network settings
Network settings also improve the internet speed because the phone’s network often gets mixed up and it negatively affects the internet speed. If your phone supports 4G but the internet connectivity it shows is 3G or 2G, then there is a serious issue. Try to reset the network settings and see how internet browsing or streaming will improve. Try to switch on the network when there is less online traffic. Resetting the network settings will change the configurations to default, which you can change later. Make sure to reenter all of the Wi-Fi passwords because they will all be cleared.
- Open the settings option. Click on System or General Management.
- Tab Advanced
- Now select the reset option.
- Tap on the reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth options.
- Select Reset Settings and confirm it.
- Let go of mobile data-draining apps
Even when you are not using most of the applications, some of them are still running in the background. These applications will slow down the internet and consume more data along with storage space, resources, and bandwidth. To find and let go of the mobile data-draining apps.
- Open the Settings” Select networks and the Internet. Go to the Mobile Network
- Select app data usage.
- By using the drop down menu, you can select the time when you want to see the data usage even in the past month.
- Scroll down further to see the data draining applications.
- So, if you’re using mobile data, you can either stop these applications from running in the background or avoid using mobile data altogether.
- Turn off inactive mobile programmes and apps
You can also stop apps from running in the background that you do not use very often. The apps running in the background consume phone data, resources, and battery life as well. So turning them off will speed the internet connection and improve the phone performance.
- Go to settings. Tap on device care, then memory
Go to “Clean Now,” which will free the memory by turning off all of the inactive background applications.
- Otherwise, go to settings, then Apps and notifications.
- The list of apps will be seen.
- Force stop the app which you do not use very often but still runs in the background.
- Click on Background restriction, which will fully restrict it. You won’t even receive the notifications from the app.
- Tap on Restrict
- Repeat the process for other apps. However, the process behaves as a data saver as well.
- Clear the cache
Also Read: 10 Steps to Improve your Wi-Fi Speed
A full cache influences the internet speed and slows down the phone’s overall performance. It is wise to clear the cache on the phone by letting go of all the data and letting your phone give a fresh start. Get to know how to clear the cache on Chrome on Android.
- Go to the Chrome app and click on three dots. Select History
- Tap to clear browsing data
- You will see a Time range drop-down menu Now click on All Time.
- Select Cached Images and files. Click on Clear Data.
- Now press the confirm button.
- Update your phone’s software.
For Android phones, it is necessary to switch to the latest version of the OS to avail the maximum benefits, including fast internet speed. The latest OS proves to be more resilient towards security and helps to patch all vulnerabilities.
- Switch to better Wi-Fi
Most of the time, mobile data connections do not deliver good performance, and if your Wi-Fi is also giving you slow performance, try to switch to a better Wi-Fi connection. You can never compare the home network with a public connection because there is a lot of traffic on public Wi-Fi.
If you are a student, a businessman, a freelancer, or even a housewife, every individual needs the internet for various purposes. It is good to get a boosted internet speed performance on Android phones by switching to the latest technology, either 4G or 5G. So try out some simple and basic optimization on your phone as mentioned above to get the most from the internet.